Our goal is to connect Senior Adults to the ministries and vision of Church at The Mill. We want to see every Senior Adult engaged in:
We want to live out the truth of Acts 20:24
But I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.
Through small groups, fellowship, Bible studies and opportunities to serve, we help our Senior Adults find community, spiritual growth, support and care.
WOMEN OF ENCOURAGEMENT
9:00 - 10:00 AM, Room 300 / The Canteen
8:30 AM, Room W106
Wednesday mornings men meet to enjoy a rich prayer time and fellowship.
Midweek for Adults – Fall 2019
Note: With space being limited, please RSVP for these by emailing Tonya@amrbc.org
If you have any special needs regarding any of these opportunities, please let us know.
Our adult equipping classes are designed to help you transform as a believer and fulfill the vision of Church at The Mill to make disciples who Gather, Grow, Give, and Go. These equipping classes last anywhere from 6-12 weeks. Note: Because classroom space is limited, please RSVP for these classes by emailing Tonya@amrbc.org.
If you have any special needs regarding any of these classes, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adult Choir: Led by Jeff Brockelman
- The choir is open to anyone who wants to use their musical ability to lead people in worship. They prepare the worship experience for the 9:15AM and 11:00AM Sunday services and many other special events throughout the year.
- Starts Wednesday, August 7th from 6:00 – 7:30 PM in the Choir Rehearsal Room.
- There is no cost and no auditions required for the choir. All you have to do is show up! You can start on any Wednesday night as well.
Bible study through Matthew: The Coming of the King, by John MacArthur. Led by Andrew Lee
- The New Testament launches with an eye witness account of the events of Jesus' life from Matthew, a former despised tax collector who experienced a radical conversion and became one of Jesus' own disciples. Matthew's unique view interweaves his strong Jewish knowledge of the expected Messiah with his personal recollections of the flesh-and-blood Savior. In the process, he reveals the qualifications that prove Jesus was the promised Messiah.
- Starts Wednesday, August 21st from 6:00 – 7:30 PM. Room W106.
- Cost: $10
Women's Study: Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life by Donald Whitney. Led by Rebecca Fisher and Kimberly Henderson.
- Every woman knows practicing the Spiritual Disciplines is important, but most of us struggle with making time for them or even knowing what they all are. This practical study will guide participants through a carefully selected array of disciplines, including scripture reading, worship, silence and solitude, journaling, and more. Participate in in-depth discussions on Bible study and prayer and learn methods for praying through and meditating on Scripture. This class will provide you with a refreshing opportunity to embrace the pursuit of holiness through a lifelong delight in the disciplines.
- Starts Wednesday, August 21st from 6:00 – 7:30 PM. Room W102.
- Cost: $12
Beginner Sign Language Class: Led by Kim Speer
- This class will take some basic words and learn how actually to interact with individuals in our deaf community. We will expand our vocabulary from words only to basic conversation. This class will run for 12 weeks.
- Starts Wednesday, August 21st from 6:00 – 7:30 PM. Room W214.
- No Cost
Discovering your Purpose: Led by Jarrett McNeely
- We believe that one of the best ways to grow spiritually and make disciples is to use the spiritual gifts that God has given each of us. If you wish to discover your best fit and place and involvement, then join us for 6 weeks as we learn how to maximize the gifts that God has given us and how to use them for His glory in the church.
- Starts Wednesday, August 21st from 6:00 – 7:30 PM. Room W105.
- No cost
Financial Class: Dave Ramsey's, The Total Money Makeover. Led by Ned Secrest
- The Total Money Makeover is Dave's all-time bestselling book. It has helped millions of families get rid of debt and change their lives forever with its simple, practical seven-step plan.
- Starts Wednesday, August 21st from 6:00-7:30PM. Room W209.
- Cost: $15
Missions 101. Led by Jason Williamson and Andrew Smith
- This course is for anyone interested in learning more about Missions at The Mill led by our Missions Pastor, Jason Williamson, and our Local Missions Director, Andrew Smith. Over the semester, you will learn about our core missions convictions, the theology behind missions, and why we do things we do. Also, you'll hear about the mission's opportunities for serving locally or internationally and hear rich testimonials about how lives have been changed through missions.
- Starts Wednesday, August 21st from 6:00-7:30PM. Room W101.
- No Cost.
Many of our senior adults enjoy serving in the following areas:
WEDNESDAY NIGHT MEAL TEAM
ADMINISTRATIVE / OFFICE ASSISTANTS