Church at The Mill is located in Moore and Woodruff, SC, with the Central campus located in Moore. Our mission is to create an environment of New Beginnings and Relationships. Through God’s provision, Church at The Mill has experienced tremendous growth in the Greater Spartanburg area. We are excited about the future as we prepare for continued growth in reaching the lost in our community and around the world.
Please read below the available position(s). Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hours: 10 Hours/Week
Reports to: Technical Arts Director
Principle Function: Church at The Mill (CATM) is seeking AVL Student Interns to assist with live productions during weekly Sunday Worship Services and Wednesday Night MidWeek Events. The AVL Student Interns will prepare and operate AVL equipment at our central campus in Moore, SC, AND/OR our Woodruff, SC Campus. This AVL Student Intern will report to the Director of Technical Arts while working closely with the Technical Arts Team and Volunteers. This Opportunity may be available for multiple semesters.
Responsibilities: The AVL Student Intern supports the vision, mission, and goals of Church at The Mill by assisting with all aspects of live technical production including, but not limited to Audio, Lighting, and Video. Examples of responsibilities will include:
- Prepare Mic and IEM Assignments prior to rehearsals and live productions
- Confirm all venues on campus are set up and ready to go for Wednesday night activities
- Assist with choir/band rehearsals on Wednesday (Moore, SC) OR Thursday (Woodruff, SC) nights
- Assist with preparing stages for rehearsals and weekly services
- Assist with set-up/tear-down/repositioning of equipment
- Assist with patching of lines to console
- Assist with patching and pre-programming of consoles
- Assist with managing necessary input lists, stage plots, etc.
Students Will Gain experience with:
- Setting up and maintaining audio equipment, enhancing audio with appropriate sound effects, fixing sound-related issues
- Lighting in regards to programming, Patching, and DMX protocols
- Video Projection and video signal flow
Qualifications / Skills:
- Must profess Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
- Must possess the skills needed in order to work with members, staff, and pastors especially with regard to last-minute requests and stressful production environments
- Self-Starter who works well alone for extended periods of time while demonstrating initiative, perseverance, and a “whatever it takes” attitude
- Ability to learn and master new technology quickly and thoroughly
Staff Position Title: Digital Filmmaker
The digital filmmaker will work with the Communications team to produce creative short films for social media and other digital platforms.
Reports To: Communications Director
- Creating short films for all social media accounts
- Some social media management (mostly creating posts or stories)
- General administrative duties
- Completing films in a quick turnaround time
- Organizational skills for administration
- Excellent creative skills
- Experienced within Google Suite (Docs, Drive, Sheets, Calendar)
- Experienced Adobe Premier
- Flexible schedule to be willing to help with any tasks assigned
- Resourcefulness in finding non-copyrighted assets for quick turnaround assignments (Assets: video footage, pictures, and audio)
- 1-2 years of experience with filmmaking and social media
*This position would need to bring their own equipment.
- Preferred Education:
Hours + How to apply
This position is part-time and up to 20 hours a week. There are a few days that will be needed for office time and flexibility is required throughout the week. Please email your resume to email@example.com.
Facilities Housekeeper (Full-Time and Part-Time Positions Available at Central and Woodruff Campuses)
The role of the Housekeeper reports to the church Facilities Director. We have full and part-time positions available. Church at The Mill requires our housekeeping staff to maintain a hygienic, orderly, and attractive environment for all guests and staff by following proper cleaning techniques and procedures and performing scheduled duties. Responsibilities include:
- Cleans table, chairs, cabinets, counters, and appliances located in the employee break room and donor waiting area
- Vacuums carpets, dust furniture, and removes trash.
- Cleans windows and doors at least daily.
- Inspects and cleans restrooms throughout the day. Replaces paper and soap supplies. Performs minor custodial tasks in the area as required.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend English at a level necessary to follow written and oral instructions and safety precautions.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required
Experience: Minimum three (3) months experience as a custodian preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
Working Conditions - Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions
- Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines
- Occasionally perform tasks while standing and walking up to 100% of the time
- Reach, bend, kneel and have a high level of manual dexterity
- Occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, national origin or other legally protected classifications.